Welcome to the Medical Cannabis Management System (MCMS)
Most frequent questions and answers
We’re honored that you’ve chosen to work with us! It’s our utmost priority to ensure you have an excellent experience with the MCMS program and The Clinic Network team from day one. Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions.
The Medical Cannabis Management System is a turn-key program that was created with input from healthcare providers. This program provides pharmacists with the education and resources needed, to help pharmacies connect with, and support, patients that wish to explore medical cannabis as a potential treatment option.
Founded in 2015, The Clinic Network (TCN) offers multidisciplinary therapies for patients that suffer from chronic pain, rheumatoid conditions, Crohn’s, IBS, Fibromyalgia, HIV, Insomnia and related disease states. It is our stated mission to provide improvement with each individual’s daily functionality, productivity, and quality of life. The company provides patients with access to the latest medical advancements as well as pharmaceutical and cannabis-related therapies.
TCN combines complimentary facets of health care to provide an exemplary level of treatment for our patients. Founded by an experienced and progressive group of physicians, our clinics and programs have been built on a patient-centric, evidence-based approach that ensures every patient is provided with a therapy individually tailored to their specific needs.
- Provides your patients a program to navigate and access medical cannabis
- Connects qualified patients to knowledgeable, compassionate prescribers and educators, experienced in the therapeutic use of medical cannabis
- Creates a safe place to discuss cannabis within your pharmacy
- Provides qualified patients individualized treatment plans and education customized to their needs
- Provides information on quality Licensed Sellers, regulated by Health Canada, that meet the patients’ medical cannabis treatment goals
- Reinforces that your community pharmacy is a leader in patient focused, value add programs
- Creates a safe place to discuss cannabis and directs patients to medical professionals experienced in the therapeutic use of medical cannabis
- Reduces the need for patients to go other pharmacies for their medical cannabis needs, possibly moving scripts, creating a more inclusive pharmacy experience to fit all your patient needs
- Increases patient retention and provides opportunity to grow your patient base
- Provides resources and education for pharmacists to expand their professional knowledge and ability to effectively support all patients with cutting edge therapies
The main difference is the intent for which cannabis is being used. Recreational cannabis is mainly used for enjoyment purposes, while medicinal cannabis is a legitimate form of treating health issues by managing the symptoms with cannabis. However, there are many more differences and benefits of medical cannabis:
- Medical oversight by experienced practitioners and educators
- Individualized treatment plans specific to your concerns
- Potential medical accommodations
- Quality ensured product produced under rigorous Health Canada regulations
- Wider scope of products, including products with high CBD content
- Veterans programs and compassionate care
- Support and education available to patients
- Products are rarely out of stock
- Insurance coverage for select conditions
- No retail markup
- Medical cannabis is a tax-deductible medical expense
- Fast delivery prioritized with carrier options
Have more questions?
Contact an MCMS team member today!